Educational games for kids in Orange County CA has for a long time been an effective method of teaching children, the reason being that most children relish taking part in games. Also, the procedure of playing these types of educational activities has proven to make children niftier and more proficient in dealing with theoretical problems. While educational games are usually seen as a great way to bring parents closer to their children, which is a great advantage in itself, there are several other ways these games help children –
The Role of educational games for kids in Orange County CA
Educational games help children to improve their –
- Creativity –Educational games aren’t like textbook problems. There’s no specific formula or guideline on how to get through an educational game. This is why they encourage children to think out of the box.
- Problem-solving skills– There are a lot of goals to achieve, in a small period of time. When put in that context, it almost sounds as if educational games symbolize life itself. Both require immense amounts of problem-solving skills.
- Memory – A lot of educational games require the children to memorize certain items or factoids. Using educational games to hone these methods of memorizing important facts could really help children in the long run.
- Strategic thinking – The essential importance of education lies in converting children from speakers to thinkers. It is the power of thought that needs to be honed and these educational games certainly help children to impose their power of thought and strategize their next moves – a very important life skill.
The different kinds of educational games for kids in Orange County CA
Educational games usually involve memorizing, physical activity or building an elaborate train of thought. Here are some great examples of educational games –
- Bean Bag Toss – The children are required to toss a small fabric bean bag full of beans on to a set of targets. It helps children improve their motor and thinking skills.
- Fishing Pole Game – This educational game enables the child to “fish” for a prize. It helps children to improve their concentration abilities.
- Counting Game – The counting game uses a child’s approximation skills. On the outside, it seems like a fun game for children but on the inside, children don’t even realize the complicated arithmetic thoughts they are generating while guessing for the probable outcome.
There are dozens of educational games that help children, however, it must be mentioned that they should be used appropriately for the better outcome in child development. Top private schools in Orange County CA have made sure that these games not only serve recreational purposes but also teach the children something valuable.
The Good & the Bad – Educational games for kids in Orange County CA –
- Motor Skills and Injury – Educational games help children develop their motor skills – be it via pulling, picking up heavy objects, an exercise of their limbs, etc. Fundamentally, they are all great for a child’s development. However, parents have often complained that over-exposure to these types of games make their child more prone to injuries.
Solution: Even though excessive games will tire the child increasing his/her chances of getting hurt, it does not essentially mean that parents should stop them from playing any games. Parents should strive to find the correct balance.
- Social Development and Mixing with bad kids – Educational games do encourage children to be more vocal and social. However, wherever there is a playground, there are playground bullies, and there is a good risk that children either become a victim of these bad elements or become one of them. Solution: It is all about education. Children should be taught from a very young age the values of kindness and self-protection.
- Focus on Memory and Overdependence – Even though educational games help children formulate their own ways to memorize facts or learn about new topics, several parents complain saying that children tend to over depend on these methods.
Solution: Switch it up. Games are helpful but learning from books is the most important aspect of school education.
Kingdom Life Academy School has successfully used educational games for kids in Orange County CA, mixing it with traditional ways of educating students. The school, situated in Rancho Santa Margarita, Orange County CA, has been extremely helpful to the local community.